Taylor Swift Chai Tea Cookies with Cinnamon Icing - 1989 Launch!
Who's excited for Taylor to release 1989 in less than 24 hours?! Can you tell I am?
So in honour of her FIFTH album, I wanted to bake her chai cookies that she recently posted on tumblr which she made for the 1989 secret sessions here and looked incredible!
On to the recipe:
225g softened butter
200g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
340g self raising flour
Contents of 2 chai tea bags
2 cups of icing sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 5
2. Whisk the butter and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy
3. Add the vanilla extract and stir until combined
4. Whisk in the egg and chai tea contents
5. Gradually mix the flour until all the ingredients combine and it forms a soft but not sticky dough - with the excess flour, just shake it off
7. Roll out the dough so it is around 1cm thick and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter
8. Place on a greased tray and in the oven for around 15 minutes - or until golden brown
9. Allow to cool
10. Combine the icing sugar, cinnamon and gradually add the water to form a thick icing.
11. Decorate as you wish, with plenty of 1989, TS and cat faces
I hope you all love her new album, 1989 which is out tomorrow - October 27th! You can order it here.
And these cookies are the perfect way to celebrate a new Swift era
* this is not a sponsored blog post