Miniature Valentines Vanilla Pink Roses Cupcakes with Buttercream
Valentines Day is right round the corner and if you're looking for a sweet treat to give to your partner then you've come to the right place. But if not, and you're looking for something to gorge on whilst watching 500 days of summer for the billionth time on February 14th, then this is also the right place to come. However let me tell you that you should never feel sad about being alone, because one day you will find someone, maybe not now, but one day someone will open your eyes and make you realize why you're intoxicated with the expectation of finding love. And in the mean time, focus on what makes you happy; as Roald Dahl says 'If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely', so stop searching, after all, great things come when you least expect it.
On to the Recipe: Makes around 8 - 10
110g self-raising flour
110g caster sugar
1 tbsp milk
200g icing sugar
Pink food colouring
Small star nozzle
1. Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/ 180C / 350F
2. Place cupcake cakes in a cupcake tray
3. Whisk together the butter and sugar until it is smooth
4. Gradually add three eggs (if it does curdle just add a little flour and mix) and vanilla extract
5. Sieve the flour in and gently fold in
6. Spoon into the cupcake cases (3/4 full)
7. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden
8. Put on a cooling rack until cool
9. Whilst cooling make the icing. Whisk together the icing sugar and butter until it is smooth and a pale white colour (this could take a while).
10. Separate into 2 bowls, in one bowl make a light shade (using less pink food colouring) and stir.In the other bowl add a little more pink food colouring to make a dark pink colour.
11. Place each colour into the same piping bag - with one colour on one side and one of the other - (similar to this)
12. Staring from the middle of the rose outwards make 5 small roses around the outside of the cupcake and 2 or 3 in the center.
There you have it, simple yet beautiful rose cupcakes,enjoy xx