Guittard chocolate peanut brownies
SCREW THE SUMMER DIET!
My twitter feed has been full of people moaning about summer bodies and not being able to eat cake. Why? Sorry to break it to you love but August is upon us now so that kale your stuffing may as well be cake because let's face it, we'll all be a lot happier even if it means we're a little more squishy!
I'm not even going to deny it, this recipe is filled to the brim of chocolate, sugar and all things nice, so chuck that bag of spinach to the side (or the bin) and join me in celebrating summer right... with brownie and a gooey peanut ganache!
I was lucky enough to be sent over some delicious chocolate by the lovely team at Guittard, which I used in this recipe; it's not even #spon I genuinely love this chocolate!
On to the recipe!
185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate (I used Guittard 72%)
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
100g milk chocolate (chopped up)
275 golden caster sugar (or normal)
100g dark chocolate
50g peanut butter (chunky... like you'll probably be after this)
1. Melt together the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave in 20 second blasts so it doesn't burn and allow to cool to room temperature
2. Put oven on Gas Mark 4/180C
3. Beat together the eggs and caster sugar until pale (unless you want an arm work out i'd suggest using an electric mixer; it may take like 5 minutes)
4. Fold in the egg mixture into the chocolate mix lightly
5. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and chocolate chunks
6. Put in a greased 20cm square tin and bake for 25 mins - you still want a little jiggle in the middle (like you'll probably have after this) when you take it out so it'll be gooey!
6. Allow to cool and get started on the topping
7. On the hob on a medium heat, mix together the milk and peanut butter until boiling, pour over the chopped up chocolate and stir.
8. Put the brownie back in the tin (if you took it out to cool) and pour over your peanut mix, spreading evenly all round the brownie
9. Allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours (I know how long it may seem when you're hungry)
10. Remove from tin and cut to whatever sizes you want (depending on how many fucks you give about a summer diet...or just don't cut it at all)
Thank you to Guittard for supplying the lovely chocolate, you can find information about where to buy it here!
Hope you enjoy the summer Xx